When you’re looking for IT services providers in West Palm Beach, you may easily get overwhelmed by the multitude of options. Technology is likely the heart and soul of your business, whether you’re using it to keep track of inventory, schedule appointments, or simply facilitate communication between employees and clients. Because of its importance, choosing your IT services provider is crucial to your success.
Many business owners who need managed services, disaster recovery, or other IT services have an urgent need, and therefore, often don’t perform their due diligence when qualifying a company to work with. They listen to the sales pitch, ask a few questions, and quickly make a decision so that work can begin immediately on their technology issue. However, many don’t even ask prospective IT services providers in West Palm Beach for references, which is a mistake. By checking references, you can easily weed out any providers who have lackluster customer service or those who make big promises, but never deliver. You can also use them to narrow down your choices and ultimately choose the provider that will give you the best service.
What Questions You Should Ask References
It’s important to know that asking for references is only the first step. Once you have the references, you need to know the right questions to ask to get a true picture of the company. Here are some suggested questions:
- How long have you worked with the company and what services have they provided for you?
- When and why did you decide to look for an IT service provider?
- Can you describe the size and type of business you have?
- What other companies did you consider hiring?
- What was the deciding factor in choosing this company to work with?
- What benefits have you seen from working with this company?
- How have they handled problems when they have occurred?
- Have you ever had a problem getting in touch with their customer service representatives?
- Have you ever made an after-hours request and how was this handled?
- What has been your return on investment so far?
- Would you select this company again if you had a choice?
Finding references that have a similar business to yours both in size and services provided is helpful because you’ll be able to relate better to the answers. You also want to know how the company responds to problems and other issues, not just how they react when things are doing smoothly. Listen for possible concerns that the reference may have about the company, and ask more questions on this topic.
It’s likely that the references you’ve been given represent the happiest of the IT company’s clients, so it’s important to ask probing questions to get to the heart of how they feel about working with them. When you perform your due diligence by checking references, you won’t only feel more secure about the IT services provider in West Palm Beach that you’ve chosen, but you’ll also show them that you’re serious about partnering with them to improve your business. Here at Nexxen Tech, we’ll do our best to help you with your business concerns. If you’d like to know more about our company or have any technology-related questions, feel free to contact us today.