Virtualization is a very big thing nowadays for large corporate companies, SMBs, and startups. It allows businesses to make use of a range of virtual devices such as networks, servers, and storage. Cloud computing services such as software as a service (SaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) allow businesses to make use of the latest technology quite cost-effectively with the help of IT support in West Palm Beach. Despite the great benefits of virtualization, there are still a number of risks that must be factored in.
A strong cybersecurity strategy is now imperative for businesses to withstand all the different kinds of security threats that exist today. Virtualization opens the door for additional security risks. These include the risks of data breaches, account hijacking, advanced persistent threats (APTs), and abuse of cloud services. Additionally, more due diligence must be done to ensure that access management, API security, and shared technology issues are dealt with accordingly.
Your business may be looking to adopt more cloud computing technologies or may have already done so. It’s quite important that you work with experts in IT support in West Palm Beach to address the security risks that come with this technology. Here are a few of the top expert recommendations to help you address the risks associated with virtualization:
- Secure virtual machines that are offline or dormant. These machines can easily become outdated and out of step with the rest which could result in a breach when they are eventually integrated back in.
- Put in place strict access management controls on virtual machines. This prevents unauthorized access.
- Place proactive traffic monitoring controls on your virtual networks so that you are alerted when there is any suspicious behavior. This can help catch possible data breaches and cyber-attacks early.
- Manage what is allocated to different virtual resources efficiently. Over-allocation can lead to low performance due to excessive pressure.
- Put hypervisor security to manage the different virtual devices.
Virtualization can increase your business productivity and open many new doors. As with any service, the pros and cons must be clearly addressed. To mitigate the additional security risks of cloud technology, you need good IT support in West Palm Beach. At Nexxen Technologies, Inc., we are experts in IT consulting including cloud services. We perform security assessments and can help you find the right solution for your business. Reach out to us to learn more about our different products and services.